Last Friday saw the completion of another successful quarterly Kaizen event. Hosted by Lutheran Medical Center, the meeting drew fifty-seven Colorado Lean Network members and sparked great discussion about Lean applications in healthcare. Jennifer House, the CLN liaison for Lutheran Medical Center, had this to say about the event:
Thank you to those of you who attended our Quarterly Kaizen Meeting on Friday. We had a great turnout with 57 members attending! We very much enjoyed the opportunity to host the group and hear all the great conversation that was going on. We hope you were inspired and learned a few tidbits to take back with you. Please don’t hesitate if you want to hear more about any of the projects we are working on! We are excited to keep the conversation going. You can find the slides from our presentations attached below for future review.Jen House and the Lutheran Medical Center Team
Here’s what you missed:
CLN Status Update
- With more than 340 members across 11 industries, the Colorado Lean Network continues to grow.
- Tickets are now available for the next Quarterly Kaizen meeting on August 4th, hosted by Denver Health. Tickets are also available for the Annual Lean Summit on September 14th, hosted by the City of Arvada. Quantities are limited for both events, so register now!
- The 2017-2019 Lean Champions have been announced. View the full lineup here.
- Sarah Hodgson, Performance Improvement Specialist & Project Manager at SCL Health/Lutheran Medical Center, presented on Lean as applied in a healthcare setting. See her presentation here.
- Jennifer House, Performance Improvement Specialist & Project Manager at Lutheran Medical Center, presented on Lean at Lutheran Medical Center specifically. See her presentation here.
- Jill McCormick, Manager of Performance Improvement at SCL Health/Lutheran Medical Center, presented on Lean’s application to bundled Medicare payments for joint replacement after a major policy change. See her presentation here.
- Jennifer House, Performance Improvement Specialist & Project Manager at Lutheran Medical Center, presented on how LMC has decreased admission time for detox patients using Lean. See her presentation here.
At various points throughout the meeting, CLN members had the opportunity to connect about Lean in their own industries, as well as in healthcare. The meeting wrapped up with nine table-top discussions on topics like the meaningful presentation of data, project prioritization, visual management tools, and effective coaching techniques. Attendees had the opportunity to attend a post-meeting happy hour, where conversations continued.